I love home decor. I love design. I love thinking of what my ideal home would look like, where I’ll place what and how… I love wood and fabrics and textures and crockery and in another time and age, I’d be this really well-dressed house proud homemaker who’d polish her silver and dust her crystal and butter-paper her china.
When I was a kid, I used to cut and keep away pics of nice bathrooms from glossies and design my ideal room on the computer… But now, I don’t do enough for something that I love doing. I actually put in very little effort into how my house looks, because a). where are the resources? and b). where’s the time? But I still drool over stuff I see around, especially on the plethora of design sites that tempt you with the eclectic, the aesthetic, the quirky and the latest. And I think, hope that one day, I’ll have it all put together to make this really astounding-looking house that speaks volumes about the person I am.
But for now, I’m starting a series of sorts called ‘In an ideal home…’ – a list of things I’m lusting after from here and there – a piece of furniture or art, an architectural innovation, a cushion/a rug/a throw… anything.
And in the first of the series:
1. I’m loving these ikat prints on these chairs, courtesy Anthropologie. Love them because there’s something appealing about Indian designs being used in contemporary ways.
2. I saw these vintage Disney posters on art.com, and I love them for a kid’s room. Watsay?
3. And how sweet is this poster from Sugar Fresh on Etsy? Since love never goes out of fashion, why wouldn’t you want this?
4. These tumblers from West Elm looks so attractive. If I didn’t have any use for them, I’d create one.
5. This storage space for wrapping papers is so cool! Picked this idea from Apartment Therapy a long time ago.