- Yes, I am, after my friend T, dancing with all her might on the dance floor, stepped on my foot with her three-inch high heel! My left foot is all swollen and blue now, a not-so pretty return gift for throwing a surprise party for her along with my friend M.
- So you want the party details now? Oh well, I wouldn’t like to blow my own trumpet, but yes, the party was super successful! T was amply surprised, nay, shocked and the guests were all such sweethearts to be as excited as M and I were to host this bash for her. She showered us with enough praise in return to make it all seem worth it, if you know what I mean.
- So why am I writing in bullets? Blame it on Twitter that has me talking in 140 characters these days and wanting to write blog posts like this.
- I was contemplating VRS (Voluntary Retirement Scheme) after taking a week-long hiatus from work. Sitting at home and doing nothing for some time seemed idyllic and I thought I could make my peace with sleeping in the day and partying at night! But then I got bullied into getting back to writing. Honestly, I like such bullying that makes me do what I like to. So I’m back to doing (or trying to) what I know best, but as a freelancer yet, which is fine. So say yay!
- May happened to be the first month this year that I did not venture out of town. In January, we went for a weekend getaway to our ancestral house in a small town near Lucknow, Feb saw us heading to Goa, March to Mumbai, April to Benaras and May nowhere! If things go as planned, I won’t be making the same complaints about June! Holiday plans will be revealed when finalised. Greedy me also already wondering about July!
- I will be vying for my husband’s attention all over again, beginning today. And that just when I thought I’d have him to myself. Hate that the IPL and the T20 World Cup could not have been planned a little more apart to give us non-cricket crazy people enough of a reprieve!